Fedex minimum insurance for special handling

I remember reading the answer to this question before but didn't find it on searching.

What is minimum amount of insurance to purchase for a shipment that makes Fedex take special care of the package? I remember it's some amount $2000 or $5000 something like that. Once someone sent something to me and Fedex called me a couple of times when it was on the way and after it was delivered to make sure it arrived ok. I asked about it and they told me the insurance amount made them take care of it that way.
wireless200

Showing 2 responses by wireless200

Well, I hope my luck holds. I've shipped a lot of stuff with Fedex including 3 or 4 sets of speakers and never had a problem. I've had problems with UPS and USPS - a number of problems. I won't use either of them if I can help it. But Fedex has gone above and beyond several times. I know all it takes is one slacker to bust it up but whatcha gonna do?
[...]
One of the managers from one of the services confessed to me that they were actually graded on how few claims they paid, and encouraged to deny claims routinely, regardless of merit. I am disgusted with the whole lot of them. [...]

That remark reminded me of something. A close friend of mine during college dated a girl who worked for the IRS in the auditing department. You guessed it... they were graded on how much money they got from taxpayers who were deemed not to have paid enough for whatever reason. The more the better. The way he described it as she told him was one of those things you didn't really want to know about.