Exchange Krell KAV-250a for a Pass Labs X-350?

Would I gain anything by exchanging my Krell KAV-250a for a Pass Labs X350? I am not dissatisfied with the Krell. It seems to be a pretty good match for my Dynaudio 1.3 Se�s. But yet I do not know what something else would sound like. I do know that these speakers like a chunck of power and they tend to be easy to get good sound out of. If the Pass amps will not be a vast improvement, what would be a good choice? I generally listen to jazz and a bit of rock and classical so my demands are not huge. I am using a NAD Silverline S-100 preamp and I have a Velodyne HGS-15 sub for when I want to rock but for the lighter jazz and classical it is not necessary. The only other upgrade that I am considering is moving to the Harmonic Technology Magic interconnect and speaker cables. I would appreciate some education on what would be the best amp for this set up. Dale
mcne

Showing 2 responses by mg123

Dale,

Ok, you got me there.... I didn't realize the Silverline was a different product line. I've owned other NAD products in the past (cd player, amp, receiver) and found them to be good values, but not "high-end". now I know something new.
I agree with Gregm: the Pass is probably the better sounding amp, and IMO, if its available to you for the ease of a swap, I'd do it. However, I'd guess you'll notice a bigger difference by upgrading your preamp. NAD is ok but not in the same league with Pass/Krell and Dynaudio.