Denon DP-3000. YAYs or NAYs ???

I may buy Denon DP-3000, I have read good things, if I remember correctly, 3000 is chackster’s favorite Denon spinner.

YAYs or NAYs ???

Compared to my existing JVC TT81?

btw, returns accepted, local, no shipping involved.
elliottbnewcombjr
You remember incorrectly.  The Denon model that your mentor Chakster uses is the DP80.  The DP80 is world's better than the DP3000, for one thing because its speed is quartz-referenced, whereas the DP3000 motor speed is not.  I agree with Chak that the DP80 is a "best buy" among all vintage Japanese turntables.  Your Victor TT81, if it's functioning up to snuff, would also be superior to the DP3000. So, nay, I guess.  Unless you just need a second or third turntable or want to collect Denons.
thanks,

Bill called m3, said NAY also, not quartz, TT81 better

it was this, near me, 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Transcription-turntable-Denon-DP-3000-tonearms-Grace-960-Grace-565-Denon-DA50-/114368866746?nma=true&si=8bF7YGBC7gvXGQ0%252B95%252Ba638%252FNKE%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I would have kept one arm, sold two, use my two arms,

All things equal, I like the looks of the JVC over the Denon.

I'm gonna keep my eyes out for a JVC CL-P3 three arm plinth

The Denon direct drive turntables of the 1970s were not quartz locked, because that idea had not entered the mainstream back then.  The alphanumeric code for those turntables is "DP" followed by a 4-digit number ranging from somewhere below 3000 to 6000.  The DP6000 is the best of the bunch.  When Denon introduced quartz locking of speed, they introduced a whole new line of turntables, which models used a 2-digit number following the DP designation.  There are lots of those, starting I think with the DP47 at the bottom end and on up to the DP80.  The DP75 is also excellent, or so it would seem, because it has the same specs as the DP80.

Simlarly, the first Technics direct drive was the SP10 and was not quartz locked.  In the late 70s i think Technics may have been the first to introduce quartz locking, and that's why you have the SP10 Mk2, which looks outwardly exactly like the SP10, except the Mk2 has an outboard power supply.  (Now someone will tell me Technics was not first to do quartz lock; that's OK.)
Ok, lewm, I’ll be the first. LOL, Victor invented quartz locked DD turntable motors. Since Victors parent company had brought out the Technics line of consumer electronics to sell to the public, guess were Technics got the technology from? Victor was an engineering company, they pioneered a lot of advancements back then. In Japan they were known for there broadcast gear.

BillWojo
Post removed