DACMagic 200M + Node 2i

Got the 200M connected via coax using a Pangea Audio cable. Not sure if I should run the Node with the External DAC setting turned on or off. With it “on” the DAC lights up MQA but only green or blue. With it off, it’s magenta. Should I care? 
Two other things. First, has anyone figured out how to set the 200M to fixed volume? I tried the volume knob+filter button press but that does not seem to work. 
Second, I am hearing a bit of stutter or audio drop out near the beginning of some tracks. It’s not always happening but it is noticeable when it happens. Any idea of what is happening? Should I try Toslink instead? 
jwildcat89
The stutter/skip is because you have to disable the “audio clock trim” on the node.  The 200m does not like it.  
The setting for fixed volume is a toggle I believe. First time you do it sets it one way.  Do it again and it should toggle to the other.  Pretty sure that’s what I did. 
I set the node to mqa external dac.  The light on the 200m should be either green or blue (studio?). Magenta means it is receiving a signal that has the first unfold done. 
Thank you so much. That solved the stutter problem. Follow up question. Is there any technical or audible difference between using the Node in MQA External DAC mode vs not? I am not 100% sure whether one mode is causing or preventing a full unfold of the music. 
Well, for me, the point of going to an external dac is that it does a better job than the built in one in the node.  I haven’t A/B compared where it does the initial mqa unfold but do find the 200m sounds so much better then the node in general.  Either way though, you get the full mqa unfold.  Only difference is where the initial unfold happens.  The final 2 phases would be handled in the 200m. 
I’m considering buying a Soundcloud Node (successor of the 2i) as a streamer plus DAC, or a Cambridge 200M, connected to a fan less PC (Minix) that does the streaming. I read here however it could even be a good idea to pair the Node and the 200M?

Is the 200M’s DAC really that much better that it’s worth to add another €500? I read here and there the 200M is not a ’neutral’ DAC, but rather has a warm sound with less tight bass and somewhat ’muted’ highs? I hope some who are able to compare the two are willing to share their opinions?

EDIT: I just found this other thread that has info on my question
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/got-a-node-2i-what-s-next?highlight=dacmagic%2B200m