Consonance Opera Cyber 211 mods

I have the Cyber 211s driving Kharma CRMs fe 3.2 and really like them, especially after replacing the stock tubes with the psvanes and using the bpt power supply. I am now ready to tackle the parts upgrade, as there are several blogs out there signing the praises of the vcap cu in the signal path.

I am hoping some one out there has some experience doing that along with changing out resisters, perhaps the diodes, and whatever else, like ps caps and adding bypass caps, internal wiring (likely litz flavored) etc.,

I am looking for a recommended parts list.

I am game to do the r and r myself, but if you can recommend someone in the San Francisco area, please do.

Thank you for the help.
poonbean

Showing 1 response by gundam91

I have two headphone amps from Opera Consonance. It seems that in their design, they utilize the chassis as a conduit to channel ground from various parts to the ground connection on the powercord. One of the amps had developed some issue andvI had Nick Gowan in Campbell fixed it for me at a very reasonable price. He indicated the ground design and basically re-routed all the grounding directly to the ground connection.

I would recommend talking to him. Also, there are a lot of DIYers on Audio Circle and Head-Fi forums with strong technical background. You might want to check over those sites for assistance.

Would love to hear how your amps sound. I'm in Sunnnyvale.

FrankC