Compatibility of Cary SLI-100 with ProAc? Magnepan?

Looking at the SLI-100 or the SLI-80. I have ProAc 2.5s and would like to get some Maggies. 

My Music Reference and ProAcs do not sound good together IMO. There is a peak in the highs, maybe combining two pieces with emphasized high end?

Anybody experienced the SLI-100 with either ProAcs (any model) or Maggies?

Thanks
Jim

river251
Many tube amps have an output impedance greater than 1 ohm. Add a speaker with a rising impedance in the bass and high frequencies and the result is boosted bass and treble sound. This type of amp will track the speaker's impedance curve. Resulting in far-from-flat response! The higher the output impedance the worse the matching problem becomes. 
proacs and maggies present very different challenges to amplifiers...  i would suggest the push pull cary's will do justice to neither of them
JasonBourne, according to the specs, the SLI-100 output impedance is not on Cary's site. I wonder if what you describe happens with an SLI-100 paired with ProAcs? 
jjss49, why do you think the Cary and ProAc 2.5 are not to the task? What would you like to see in this pairing?

@river251

i am not positive, as i have not tried them personally for some time, but in my recollection the cary pp amps have a softness and opacity of sound that would not mate well with the proac’s response series, whose strength is wonderful imaging and clarity, while maintaining midrange textures and a modicum of warmth

this new sli-100 using kt150’s might be worth a try

top proac’s love tubes, especially the modern audio research sound -- very slight roll off up top, speed and texture throughout the range, and bass control - cary’s traditionally have been more muddled and too rolled off, too mushy in the bass... maybe kt150’s address that...