Coincident Dragon Amplifier

I'm starting to think about a power amp upgrade I'll probably want to do within a few months, and I'd appreciate experienced-based comments on the Coincident Dragon monoblocks.

I would be using them with my Daedalus Ulysses speakers. Even though the Ulysses are 97db/1W/1m efficient, I want amplifier power that approaches the Dragon's 75W rating because I listen to a lot of classical symphonic music having wide dynamic range. The Dragon, with its push-pull 211's, therefore strikes me as an amp that would hopefully provide a nice balance between directly-heated triode sonics and relatively high power.

Its $9K price tag, btw, is at the extreme upper limit of what I would want to spend.

Thanks in advance,
-- Al
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xalmarg

Showing 1 response by jim2wang2010

Hi Al,

This is Jim from Shanghai China, I'm an audiophile and starting interested in vintage radios since months ago, gladly to see your posts with several pics of McMurdo Silver Masterpiece V console from your collection, and you've mentioned you have another Masterpiece VI to be refinished, so do you still have them in your room by now? if a yes and you may consider to sell one of them to me, I will be glad to hear your quote.

I'll fly to Buffalo on May 14th and will be hanging around in east coast area for 2 weeks, if possibly and you don't mind maybe I could come to visit you.

During my trip to the US I could be reached via email to [email protected], or my Skype ID is jim2wang, I will get a phone number when I arrived Buffalo 14228 NY.

I looking forward to hear from you soon.

Cheers
Jim