Cleaning lady and vacuum

Is there any way to protect speaker bases from being damaged by aggressive cleaning ladies and their crashing vacuums other than threat or crime scene tape ?
goldenear1948

Showing 4 responses by zd542

Get one of those electric shock collars that they put on dogs. If the dog goes past the perimeter you set up, it gets a nasty shock. Just put one of those collars on the maid and set it up so shock if she gets to close to the speakers.
"07-17-14: Albertporter
I seem to be the only audiophile without a cleaning woman. My wife and I do not have one and will never have one."

That's because you make the butler do it.
"07-19-14: Wolf_garcia
Clearly the answer is to replace the cleaning staff with unemployed audio salon employees who desperately need jobs."

You mean the people that wire speakers out of phase and don't know it? The ones that pull power tubes out of a PP amp and turn it into an SET while its on and playing music? Or maybe the ones who carry heavy, high end CD players around using the open transport like it was a handle? I'll take my chances with the cleaning lady.

In case anyone is wondering, I didn't make those last 2 up. They really happened.
"07-21-14: Wolf_garcia
Makes me want to throw my drink across the lawn."

Look at the upside. An alcoholic would never to that.