BAT VK-300x

I'm interested in this amp, which seems to enjoy the reputation of a top-of-the-line integrated, but I don't have a place to audition one nearby. There are a couple of reviews, but they weren't terribly in depth as far as I'm concerned and discussion on this forum seems a bit sparse and inconclusive, especially compared to talk about some of its rivals, like the McIntosh MA2275 or 6900. I'm wondering whether somebody might be willing to wax poetic on the sound of these BAT integrateds - the differences in sound between the solid-state, 6922 and SE versions? A comparison with Mcintosh solid-state and/or tubes would be helpful, for example, as I'm familiar with those. Also familiar with Ayre, Naim, Audio Research, Linn, SETs... looking for an idea of where the BAT integrateds fit in soundwise.
Thanks in advance!
coverto

Showing 2 responses by tpreaves

Remember,your other equipment has everything to do with the sound also, everything must work together.A list of your other equipment will be helpful.Reccomendations are a start but only you know what sounds good to you.