Aurender n200, talk me out of signing on the dotted line

I’ve requested an invoice.  My current system has an Audio Mirror 4 with Tele E88cc, Pass int-25, Acoustic Zen Crescendo 2 speakers and a REL 12” sub.   The sound is to my taste in that it is organic, swings with the music and is not lean.  It’s a bit grainy and I attribute that to the Lumin u2 mini, internet radio and Spotify sources in who-knows-what amounts.  Enjoyable none-the-less as is, I am all in for the Aurender.  Talk me out of it.  Please!  

wlutke

@benanders 

Tongue in cheek, looking forward to my upcoming acquisition.  Confirmation is welcome as are other points of view.  As always, they are aplenty. Good fun!

@cleeds said:

The Aurender was never really stable and after months of back-and-forth with Aurender’s only tech guy, I gave up. I dumped it at a loss for a Bryston BDP-3 and I’ve been happy as a clam every since.

Just to reinforce this (Bryston). I been running a Bryston BDP-Pi for years. Its based on the Raspberry Pi and has been discontinued but Bryston still supplied me with support which was rarely required . This little bugger has been rock solid for years. I use it as a ROON endpoint now for streaming Qobuz but the Bryston still has my local attached storage and I easily jump back over there when I want to stream a local file. Granted the Moose interface is spartan but it works and It can even control a optical transport if you like. Someday I am going to upgrade it to the BDP-3.

I had the Aurender N100H and hated the conductor app. It was terrible, it locked up my iPad many times and every time I connected with the app, it had to re-synch my music files to the player. This happened even when I did not add new music. I sold the unit for a big loss. I bought the Sony HAPZ1ES instead.

I think I read somewhere there’s a problem with using an iPad (that I think was fixable through changing a setting on the iPad if memory serves, which it frequently doesn’t) but no problem with an iPhone.  That was a while back so I’d hope they’d have that fixed by now but who knows.  Definitely worth checking into further to avoid potential headaches.

the 432evo Aeon sells for a similar price it is a bit more expensive, but not by a lot and offers features that aurenders don’t:

432evo servers are fully upgradable so as new parts arrive the server can be continuously improved.

You can upgrade from model to model so the aeon can be upgraded to a Master

Our servers are designed to run Roon and are full cores and endpoints

In terms of sound quality we have compared to the n10 and n20 and we sounded better.

Dave and Troy

audio Intellect NJ

432evo Dealer