Aurender n200, talk me out of signing on the dotted line

I’ve requested an invoice.  My current system has an Audio Mirror 4 with Tele E88cc, Pass int-25, Acoustic Zen Crescendo 2 speakers and a REL 12” sub.   The sound is to my taste in that it is organic, swings with the music and is not lean.  It’s a bit grainy and I attribute that to the Lumin u2 mini, internet radio and Spotify sources in who-knows-what amounts.  Enjoyable none-the-less as is, I am all in for the Aurender.  Talk me out of it.  Please!  

wlutke

N200 is excellent and should be a good step up from your U2 Mini. 
As to grainy sound…I had a U1 Mini but was using Qobuz and Tidal. I don’t recall it sounding grainy. It’s definitely a level or two below the N200 but not a bad streamer. I would suspect cables (power, ICs, speaker), DAC or speakers. 
What cables are you using?

@pdreher 

yeah, I can see how that could be painful.  I’ve not seen a trend, having researched a ton.  My experience with failing modems (a few) is they lead me down the path of suspecting the affected device when, in fact, the modem was on its last legs.  My current modem just locked up a couple of days ago, only a few months old.  It’s a one gig modem with a 400 k download provider.  I hope you are right about the modem.  I’m still at go for the Aurender.  Dammit.  Thanks for the heads up.  

As long as you are where you want to be in the Aurender lineup, you can’t go wrong, but make sure you know what going one step up will do for you prior to signing on the dotted line.  Great components..

Post removed