Anyone use auto lifters? Opinions

I must be getting lazy in my old age. I keep wishing someone would raise my tonearm for me. Sometimes you are just involved in something and putting it down to lift the tonearm is a pain. There are several auto lifters on the market. Does anyone have any experience with these? Do they work reliably and are they easy enough to trip that you do not have to worry about you tonearm and cartridge?
128x128mijostyn

Showing 3 responses by rodman99999

My first Safety Raiser(AT6006) lasted 30+ years, before it began lifting too quickly(too speedily/not prematurely). That’s a lot of years, in which I enjoyed end-of-record-peace-of-mind, via it’s very gentle lifting habits. Not bad for the $19.95 that I paid, back in 1980. I quickly found a couple NOS/NIB Raisers, for which I(gladly) paid $120 each(2012’s price).  Once properly adjusted, I've found mine 100% reliable.    Now, Audio-Technica has re-released the piece(AT6006R), sans the lock-down wire of the old(no big loss), probably now made in China, with a higher price(of course). https://www.audio-technica.com/cms/accessories/398e4995e9bfe926/index.html
@rjamilla- Yeah, the Safety Raiser can be a pain to position, far as holding the height you want, then trying to set the horizontal while tightening the screw. I stretched a tiny O-ring around the body, to hold the vertical adjustment, which massively simplified the procedure. It was a snap to set, after that. Never have had to readjust one and it’s very gentle habits, have been most comforting, given the low mass and seeming delicacy of my Magnepan Unitrac I. It would be hard to trust another design, after so many years of reliable service.
Thus far: no reason to doubt I'll get another 30 years of faithful/gentle service, out of my second Safety Raiser (AT6006/original 80's version).