Anyone bought a Gryphon Diablo 333?

Anyone expecting one soon or received theirs?

My biggest question is, does the Diablo 333 have a slightly dark, rich, bassy tone to it, like the Diablo 300 and the Antileon Evo? Or is it the more neutral “Essence” sound?

nyev

Showing 8 responses by 62truck

@nyev Interesting, thank you for sharing. Do you mind sharing which forum that is so I can also follow?

Thank you.

Friends, I am happy to report I have a 333 on order and am hoping to take delivery before the end of the month. I’ll obviously post my impressions once I get it in and setup. 

@nyev, I’ve very much enjoyed your past posts about your demo experience with cables for your Diablo 300. I’ll be looking to upgrade my current speaker cables (Shunyata Venom), and Nordost will have to be considered, among others. 

@nyev 

Thank you!

My system currently is a Lumin T2 (Shunyata Alpha NR V1) and Magico A3's.

I demo'd the Diablo 300 on Magico A3's when I first was putting together what would become my current system. That is the only reason I was comfortable ordering the 333 unheard. But it was a few years ago and I am convinced I won't be able to give a detailed A/B comparison, unfortunately.

@nyev Thanks for following up! Still haven’t received my 333 yet. It would appear they are trickling out but still not readily available. I am US-based. 

I will definitely post once I have a concrete idea on ETA. 

I’ve been reading up on cables to help distract myself from the wait time. :)

@nyev That is great to hear. What sort of tweaks/changes have you made? 
Would love to know!

@nyev Thank you for sharing your experiences on the isolation feet and power cord upgrades. It's always great to hear how these things work out in real-world scenarios. I have not heard of these Herbie Fat Dots. I am reading up on them more and will likely try out a set for my digital player. Just need to determine which size is a good fit for my Lumin T2.

I do lust after an HC Dragon for the 333 down the road!

@ricky64 How easy (or difficult) is it to change the bias level if you don't have a Gryphon preamp? Is there a switch on the amp?...I'm always wondered that.

@nyev I am excited to hear your thoughts once the Essence and Makua arrive and get setup. I have my fingers crossed it gives you the sound you want!

This past weekend, I was able to move (with the help of a visiting friend) my 333 from its temporary spot to its place on the rack. While this was always the goal, the speaker placement is now compromised with the now-too-short speaker cables. I'm hoping to bring in new cables shortly, however.

For those interested, the 333 has been burning in very nicely. I seem to have a hard time turning it off at the end of each session....."just one more song" :D

@nyev I am glad to hear your new Essence and Makua are treating you so well! I enjoyed reading your write-up thus far and look forward to hearing more as they continue to burn-in and as your re-terminated Dragon gets put back into your system.