any one hear the new b w 683 yet?

was wondering if an one has test drove or bought the new b w 683...the replacement fo the 604 s3...
have always liked the 604s...thoughts...comments
thanks...
seanacape

Showing 3 responses by zormi

Seanacape,

I recommend the htguide.com forum as much more suitable place for discussing entry-level B&W speakers. By my impression, people overhere usually deal with significantly pricier gear...
Estrong, Seanacape

I had not offensive minds behind, at all, and I truly appologize if I expressed myself wrong...

I've just suggested another forum, which is - in terms of the particular unit Seanacape is interested in - simply more suitable... htguide.com contents B&W specialty club, with a ongoing thread or two related exactly to the new 600 Series.

Being at both (and several other) forums more than four years, I am trying to select the most proper one for particular topic... I still maintain my suggestion of above-mentioned another forum as better destination to discuss B&W 600 Series. I am simply afraid there will be not too much inputs overhere, that's all.

Friendliest,

Zoran

Macedonia
I used to own both DM-604 and 604S3... The main issues with the entire 600 Series were very poor cabinetry and cheapy internal wiring. Both 604 versions suffered boomy bass with poorish definition and pitch. Mids OK, slightly darker than 602 model. Not listened the 683 yet. If you can stretch the budget, the 804S is miles away in terms of quality...

Good luck!