Any one compared a Lampizator to Weiss 202 DAC?

Hi, I'm looking for a great DAC, and am auditioning a tube based Lampizator Level 3 (list $3,900) and it sounds terrific. I'm also thinking of going up to the Lamp level 4 (list $6,000) or the Weiss 202 ($5,400 or so on Audiogon). The more money is a big push but I'm completely digitally based (CD and Mac Mini) so over time it may be worth it. Any body hear the Weiss and the Lamp and have notes on what the differences are? Thanks.
ldworet

Showing 1 response by talk2me

I have always been a fan of Lukas. I love his passion and tinkering with audio gear. But, I have also respected Steve at Great Northern Sound Company (another modder-but worked many years at Wadia), and bought the new Wadia S7I with GNSC Statement mods. Should get it in a few weeks. I like the fact that if something happens, Steve is only a few days way. I am a big fan of Lampizator, the Swiss Weiss, and of course, Wadia. I would like to add, I also have a Burmester 089, and that is one world class CDP/DAC with VC. I also just picked up a tubed preamp- Concert Fidelity CF 080 LS/X. I like my tubes in the pre, vs in the source.