Cleaning lady and vacuum

Is there any way to protect speaker bases from being damaged by aggressive cleaning ladies and their crashing vacuums other than threat or crime scene tape ?
goldenear1948
crime scene tape ?
Hopefully you will find a solution to the problem before your emotions escalate with the Cleaning Woman.
07-16-14: Sabai
Clean your own room and don't let her in there.
well said!! That's what I do personally. No cleaning woman in my audio room - spent many $ on expensive equipment to let an air-head in there who thinks that my stereo is merely generic mass-fi equipment!
Perhaps placing the speakers atop slabs of granite, wood or other flat, heavy bases?
Get one of those electric shock collars that they put on dogs. If the dog goes past the perimeter you set up, it gets a nasty shock. Just put one of those collars on the maid and set it up so shock if she gets to close to the speakers.
For a while I had a regular cleaning woman that could be trusted. I let her in the room to vacuum and dust up to the Les Nesman imaginary duct tape wall, but even then she did not go in the room unless I was also in there.

Otherwise, it just not worth damaging my gear to save 30 minutes of cleaning.
My cleaning lady leaves the hood on one of my OHM 100s ajar every time. Nice lady. But please don't mess with my OHMs!

Some things are best left cleaned personally, dont'cha think?
I get it...my butler sometimes puts my cufflinks back in the wrong order after polishing them...insane. The housekeeper has been told dozens of times to gather the staff together and train them to work around the hifi, and I caught one upstairs maid dusting while wearing a wrinkled uniform! I nearly dropped my Pimms Cup...
I seem to be the only audiophile without a cleaning woman. My wife and I do not have one and will never have one.
"07-17-14: Albertporter
I seem to be the only audiophile without a cleaning woman. My wife and I do not have one and will never have one."

That's because you make the butler do it.
Sound Anchor Cradle Base Stands - see picture. Improves stability by increasing the footprint area and mass, and lowering the center of gravity, plus foils aggressive cleaning ladies.
My recently deceased cleaning lady had one too many confrontations with my aggressive sounding tweeters. What goes around comes around. Amen.
Zd542
"07-17-14: Albertporter
I seem to be the only audiophile without a cleaning woman. My wife and I do not have one and will never have one."

That's because you make the butler do it.

Funny but far from my personality.

Until our son was out of school I did everything myself including pest control, mowing the yard and cleaning the house. After two surgeries to remove skin cancer I gave up the pest control and the yard but still do house work and any repairs I'm capable of.

It's good healthy exercise and I need it.
My housekeeper (she has been replaced) is not allowed in the sound room. Only cost me a $750 cartridge to set that rule 10 years ago. I am ahead of the game.
It never happened, but my worst nightmare was having her take a vacuum to my Maggie ribbons. That was the main driver for the "Don't cross this line" rule.

A $750 cartridge is fairly painful. You dealt with it correctly.
I have enough problems trying to keep my Roomba out of the stereo to ever trust a human being not to do it.
Clearly the answer is to replace the cleaning staff with unemployed audio salon employees who desperately need jobs.
Or putting a dimple on both dome tweeters not once but a second and LAST time after being told about the first time. What's worse is that I TOLD her before her started where the line was and to keep all dusting, cleaning and vacuuming behind that plane.

I hear you Albert but there was that time when both my wife and I were so busy with work that there wasn't enough time to do all the chores required to run a household.
"07-19-14: Wolf_garcia
Clearly the answer is to replace the cleaning staff with unemployed audio salon employees who desperately need jobs."

You mean the people that wire speakers out of phase and don't know it? The ones that pull power tubes out of a PP amp and turn it into an SET while its on and playing music? Or maybe the ones who carry heavy, high end CD players around using the open transport like it was a handle? I'll take my chances with the cleaning lady.

In case anyone is wondering, I didn't make those last 2 up. They really happened.
"07-21-14: Wolf_garcia
Makes me want to throw my drink across the lawn."

Look at the upside. An alcoholic would never to that.
Funny, I was just thinking the same thing as I want to move my speakers further out into the room... I like the granite block stands, but I still have visions of the speakers I'd like to get (Vivid B-1's) taking a header.

After hearing a pair of the B-1's this weekend I have serious speaker lust yet the vacuum of death was one of the first things I thought of...lol
The only way I would let the cleaning lady in my room if she was young, beautiful, and topless and then I would still have to guide her as there is so much a swifter can do.
I have a thing about tweeters being covered with mesh...my current main speakers have aluminum/mangesium tweets with strong metal screens that no cleaning lady, child, or errant thrown object can bother...when I look at many expensive Majicos or whatever I think about some bonehead poking the tweeter and it scares me...I'm frightened...
hell i dont even let my wife clean the area near the turntable! Not that she thinks this is generic stuff, its that if somehting gets broke, i will be the one to break it
btw albert, a real audiophile cant afford a housecleaner, not enough money left after the hobby