Need Advice On Placing Absorption Panel On Ceiling

I plan to experiment by placing 2 pieces of 2" thick absorption wedge panels on the ceiling. I would be grateful if anyone could advise beforehand on the recommended arrangement of the panels. This is what I have in mind :-

Arrangement Sketch

If some diffusion is required at later stage, I will add thin long strips of wood in between the wedge as proposed by Ethan Winer.

Any advice would be most appreciated.
ryder
I found that RotoFast connector/mounts made all mountings quick and secure, even on the ceiling.

Kal
Interesting post Frenchfries.I commend your ambition and attention to detail.Glad to hear it was a success.Thats the right way to do the job.I set-up a Bakers scaffold which helped immeasureably[sp],but I am glad if I dont have to work on the ceiling again though some rooms require it for optimum sound,cheers,Bob
I have a series of RPG absorber/diffusor panels on the ceiling. I found them to be very effective. Before I put them up, I had constant problems with edginess. Placing absorbers on the sidewalls at the reflection points did not do enough.The ceiling turned out to be the problem. You can see a photo of my room on my system page.
Carl
Beautiful!Yes,8' ceilings with those speakers would seem to be bouncing off sound fearsomely.Pressurized,I guess would be the word.....I would love to hear your system,I am very impressed with your style,cheers,Bob
I simply bought 2" thick Owens Corning 703 panels (2'x4'), made 2'x6' wooden frames with 1x2, stuffed 6' worth of panel in each frame, shot nails thru the frames to hold the panels in place, covered the panels with fabric, and hung them from the ceiling using eye bolts and metal tackle from the hardware store. Worked great, reduced slap echo alot, looks good (similar color as ceiling), cost less than $100 for the whole shebang! You just need to find a source of 703, and I think the minimum you can buy is a box of 6. Good luck, Peter