IEC inlet socket

Hi, I would like to ask the following. My DCCA power cord that has a Furutech FI-25 gold plated IEC plug on one end. Usually this plug has a nice tight fit when inserted into an IEC inlet socket but when I insert this plug into the IEC inlet socket of my Lamm L2 Reference preamplifier the connection is not tight but rather loose. Does any of you know what IEC inlet socket Lamm uses? Which IEC plug is slightly oversized so it will have a tight connection with the IEC inlet socket of the Lamm? Thank you.

Chris
dazzdax
Good idea with the teflon tape, most likely helps with damping a bit as well.
Most IEC plugs are tapered somewhat and are usually too long. The Marinco plugs are this way, as are many others.
What I have done on most of my cords is cut or sand off 1/8 to 3/16 inch of the plastic end. The internal prongs will now contact further in on the chassis socket and the larger part of the taper will make a tighter hold. This takes a little work, but it is permanent.
The 20 amp pieces are the way to go, as mentioned previously by another member, but that requires even more work, and an adaptor for when you want to try other cords.

Ril