Silliest audiophile equipment of all time?

Hey guys,

I'm looking for the most ridiculous audiophile products with the most outrageous claims. Not necessarily the most expensive, I'm interested in the most superfluous audiophile accessories you can think of.

Think Brilliant Pebbles and Cable Elevators:

http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina31.htm
http://www.musicdirect.com/product/73452

I'm also interested in in hearing about basic stereo equipment such as stereo cables and amplifiers that are grossly overpriced or make insane claims with questionable science.

Thanks!
jonny_rocketti
Kurt, none of Geoff's tweaks are silly. They are after all, all good earners. Nothing silly about making money.

The folks that purchase his tweaks are the ones that aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

Regards
Paul
Swampwalker, I agree with you regarding the silliness of $500 wood knobs, but with the qualification that in a passive TVC, a knob of exotic hardwood in combination with a hardwood chassis might be desireable for resonance control or RFI rejection. Both Audio Consulting & Promitheus use the approach in their TVCs. My recollection is that RAM/AC offered the knobs as a full-boat option for the the $5K DIY TVC kit. Doubtless the notion of a $5K TVC in kit form is putting a smile on your face about now...

Of course the price of four Swiss knobs buys an entire Promitheus Reference TVC-- which tells us as much about Asian manufacturing costs and trends toward global deforestation as it does about Swiss silliness.
My vote goes with "donaudio." Until you've heard the Tice clock in your system, you haven't heard anything.

I have two, just to be on the safe side: one for inputs and one for outputs. The trick is synchronizing them; for that I have an atomic clock (cheap at $15K).
Dont play into this posters hand, this kid just joined so he can go mock everyone in another forum where they think spending $1000 on all items qualifies as a Home Theater.
This is his first post and likely has last, so dont put bullets in his gun.