Amy Winehouse.RIP

Passed away today in London.
Such a talent with sadly many demons.
RIP
128x128gawdbless
No one argues with your right to have an opinion about Winehouse's talent, even if it goes against most reviews, and comments from performers and other professionals in the music business. And you have every right to have a negative opinion about her lifestyle, and to prefer "quiet addicts". What puzzles me is the need to express such negative views in such a vitriolic manner on a thread titled "Amy Winehouse RIP".
What better time to talk about her death then when it actually happened? I never to my knowledge said she shouldnt rest in peace,I simply said she was a arrogant junkie of mid level talent when she was alive. You think I wouldnt debate this in public? Think again.
To suggest many wouldnt say alot of things in public suggests what? Does that mean verbal debate wouldnt be tolerated? Does it hint some would get physical about not being agreed with? If thats the case (and I have known some of these types) then these people are far more ignorant than any valid opinion backed with reason in debate because when these folks lose a arguement they shut down their brains and try to muscle their point, thats true weakness.
I listed why her and others deserve IMO no sympathy while others in similar boat do deserve some pause but some of you cant come to grips with that. Some evoke God and FOX news aswell showing a clear loss of touch with reality. Cheers
Why would anybody require "empathy" for self destructive drug use, unless they were doing the same, much less guilt trip somebody for not "empathizing" with same?

Compassion for suffering does not mean in any way that one should approve of the dysfunctional choices of the sufferer or romanticize them or even excuse them.

Live fast, die young and leave a beautiful corpse. I guess two out of three aint' bad.

As somebody said on another board, celebrities are "tortured" and have "demons." Everybody else are just crackheads, drunks and junkies.

I prefer to remember the pretty, plump teenager with the promising voice, not what she became.
Read the first ten words of my last post. I never said it is my place to "tolerate" or not. Just that it is poor taste and bad form. This thread was obviously started for members to show their respects concerning the death of a human being.
Maybe you should start a new thread "Talentless Junkies Deserve No Respect" and anyone who likes that sort of thing could join on in. Unlike you, I would choose not to and respectfully decline to participate.
just because someone is a self-destructive junkie does not preclude them the following:
* loving others
* being loved by others
* being compassionate to others
* receiving compassion from others

anger, sadness, frustration, resignation--all normal responses.

callousness, insults and cynicism all reflect on the author more than the deceased.

think about the corpse you'd leave behind...and if folks read your writings on this board at your wake. some folks have a lot to be proud of (eg: tubegroover, gawdbless---hope you guys have kids, planet needs them), while some of you, well, hope you reconsider...