which cowboy junkies cd?

I don't own any cowboy junkies music. which should i consider first?
dpm2340
The majority favor the Trinity Sessions and that is also the first CD from them I purchased. It is an excellent starting point. Over time, I have found Caution Horses to be my favorite which I didn't really care for the first few times I played it. I would follow that by Black Eyed Man, Lay it Down, Whites off the Earth Now, Pale Sun Crescent Moon, and One Soul Now. Lay it Down has a big fat bass that sounds really good through my Cary SLI50. Most of their CD's are bumped up in the bass.
Thanks to this post I pulled out my copy of Early 21st Century Blues and found I enjoy it more than I remember. In some ways it reminds me of Giant Sand or Lambchop with its quiet melodic charms. I still prefer Trinity and Whites Off Earth Now but this is worth a listen for sure.

BTW I have seen the Cowboy Junkies on TV and I thought it was so slow that when they came around I did not see them in concert either... Sleep inducing indeed! It is a shame because if they did a concert based on the Whites Off Earth Now album, with it's rockin' and beautiful guitar sounds, I would be there in a flash.
The Trinity Sessions is classic - lots of emotion in there - but Lay it Down is my favorite. You can't go wrong with any of these: Trinity Sessions, Whites Off Earth Now, The Caution Horses, Black Eyed Man, Lay it Down, and Miles From Our Home. One Soul Now didn't grab my attention, but it's not bad. Margo Timmins' voice is incredibly seductive and powerful. The cadence in her voice carries a sense of intimacy that I haven't heard with many other vocalists. And she's damn beautiful too!
The three albums of theirs that stay in current rotation in my system are "Trinity Sessions", "Lay it Down", and their newest release "Early 21st Century Blues".. Good stuff..

Chris
As you've figured out by now, the Trinity Sessions is by and far their best album. Dekay, the odd noise your hearing is coming from an air conditioning vent. Someone else mentioned this was recorded in a church, but it was actually recorded in the lobby of an old Hotel with a really high ceiling, using a point source mic. At least that's what I remember reading. It's been many years, but I can look this up to confirm.

I wish they would do them all like this as the sound is just fantastic. BTW, don't know if you guys are aware, but another reason this one sounds so good is there were no overdubs. Frist generation from them to tape. Not many can pull this off.

One of the best audiophile albums of all times.

BTW, I just picked up Early 21st Centry Blues yesterday and on first listen was really disappointed. I listened to it again today and warmed up to it a litte, but I guess I've just listened to the Trinity Sessions too many times over the years and expected more of the same.