AntiCables

...anyone try their new top of line cables?
128x128stringreen
I'm using the Anti-Cable shotgun cables .....more power, dynamics, and ease. I'm using them bi-wired on my Vandersteen 5A's ...happy.
IS THE NEW LEVEL 3 CABLE MORE ATTRACTIVE IN TERMS OF FLEXIBILITY??. THE OLDER CABLE WAS CONTORTED LIKE A COAT HANGER. IT ALSO DOES NOT DO WELL ON CABLE RISERS. I THINK SPEAKER CABLE SHOULD BE SOMEWHAT FLEXIBLE, AND NOT RIGID. PLEASE LET ME KNOW, IF THE LEVEL 3 SPEAKER CABLE IS EASIER TO WORK WITH. THANKS, jIM
Sunnyjim - Anticable is literally what the name implies, not cable. It is instead extruded solid core copper wire covered with a very thin dialectic coating - this is what gives it such high performance for low prices. The new level 3 wire is actually a pair of 12 guage wires twisted along the length and crimped to a single termination.

As for being difficult to work with, it takes some time to bend and form, but once done most systems won't need cable risers. My previous set of Anticable equaled the ten times as expensive Nordost cables I was using - I suspect the new Level 3 I just purchased will surpass it.
this is helpful as i have the old anti-cable speaker wire and love them. however, the level 3 with the two 12 gauge twisted to be 9awg(?) sounds interesting for better low mid range and bass?
Guys,

I had the opportunity to try Anti-cable Ref 3 power cord in my system and I can tell you first hand that it's possibly the best power cord I have used at this price point by a large margin.

These cables do require extensive break-in but you will be rewarded with a deep/wide soundstage, very good high frequency extension, precise image localization and the tone of this cable is beautiful...

If you're in the market for a PC, give the Ref 3 a try but be warned that you may end up selling your mega dollar cables :)