gallo nucleus 3.1 vs. vandersteen sig 3a

there are a lot of threads about the attributes of both, but nothing head to head. i have a geriatric pair of vandersteen 2ci's that i have loved and cherished for well over a decade plus. but, it's time to move on. initially i was going to go straight to sig 3a's. i love the vandy sound and have found richard vandersteen to be entertaining and informative to talk to over the years; a guy i like to support. however, the used price of the gallo is such that i am tempted. the new price for the 3a vs the 3.5 is roughly the same as well. what say ye?
2out2sea
I went from 3a Sigs to Gallo 3.1's and never looked back. I had owned 2ce's, then 3a's, then 3a Sigs. The Gallos are just so much more dynamic and immediate. Plus, that tweeter throws quite the soundstage.

Good luck
Wow. Thank you. Are you using the gallo amp to power the sub or going without? What front end are you using? I have an audible illusions pre, B&Kex442 amp and Cary cdp. I went with my pre and amp choice bc previous para sound and ad com gear was too bright with the vandys. Richard said the 2ci s were brighter than later 2s, but that indicates that I like the laid back vandy sound. Any complaint of brightness with the gallo?
I have experience with both and my vote is Gallo. I would definitely demo Gsllo before buying another Vandersteen.