What about 845 tubes on Wilson Sophia 3...?

Does anybody tried 845 tubes on wilson sophias 3 series..I am curious on comments for Cary 845 ae for my wilson sophia's 3..
hal123
My wilsons have 4 ohms of impedance and does go deep on 3,1 ohms minimum..I assume they got flat response but still have feeling that they goes well on solid state radher than tubes (but many users declared as tubes for best matches). Carry 845 ae is 50 watts with zero negative feedback and have 211 tubes together with 300b running in parallel mode, using 845 or (211) together with 300b is the unique and only design used. and this make 845ae very interesting.. I can use also 845 tube with them resulting less dynamic and some saying romantic sound. I am now running my wilson sophias 3 with krell 600c and have no problems and thinking that is a good match..but as an audiophile that never stops wondering I am curious to drive them with tubes, 211 or also OTL's..
My dealer have one pair of 845ae and offered me a good deal, when I listened those amps that he plugged on verity audio rienzi's (knowing that not more efficient than mines) had good soundstage but limited detail and sparkling..
Another my consideration would be nagra 845 tubes, having same power as carry's..
still need to know your experiences for wilson sophia 3 owners,
many thanks for your kind and valuable responses
Hi there,

Wilson has at least one pair of Nagra VPA 845 Class A P-P amps (50WPC) in their evaluation room, so an 845 amp would be a match made in heaven.

(Disclosure: was Nagra's US service eng. And we always had Wilson's at CES hooked to our VPA's. Wonderful synergy).
Cary 845 is 50W, but to what load? What is delivered power to 4Ohms? 3 Ohms? Please check an amplifier frequency/load detailed map. Usually manufacturer will shara one with you and you will see what level of distortion and power you're dealing with before experimenting. Distortion of tubes(may reach upto 10%THD for difficult loads) is what makes sound wonderful, but far away from real recording material, if that is your goal.
Hal123,
Mcintech's comment is based on actual listening experience rather than
speculation and has legitimate value. All 845 amps aren't created equal so
some will be more successful than others. It appears the Nagra VPA 845
amps would be a very good choice. I understand your interest, at CES this
year I heard the Absolare Passion 845 PSET 50 watt amplifier completely
outperform the SS MSB amplifier driving the magnificent Rockport Altair
speakers in a very large conference room set up. It was quite a startling
contrast.
Regards,
Regards,
I assume that I also think not all 845 are equal, thats matter of design and equipment structure that defines the sound criteria...but I really dont understand what the distortion makes good sound could anybody clear this subject...if we audiophiles like the distortion (as some describe as to be) how you gonna define the good sound as a bunch of distortion...man I am getting confused here..maybe this is gonna take another threat subject..very interesting and confusing matter.