I think my speakers are killing my amps.

I have VMPS FF3 SRE bi-amped w outboard crossover, I have upgraded from the original single panel to the multi planar driver option.
I ran 300w Classe amp on panels but at around 95db it would go into protection. I changed to Aragon 4004 MKII 2 yrs ago that gave 400w and thought I was good till yesterday but while playing pretty loud maybe 100db the amp started making these loud clicking sounds the one channel was just dead. Now I wonder if a mistake was made in planar drivers wiring or in updated crossover. Its possible amp finally bit it after some years of great service but its always the same speaker and it has sent multiple amps into fits. I think maybe its down to 1ohm brutal swing or something but am not smart in that area of electronics. Any ideas would be great, thanks. BTW Classe is in service now but not at loud levels.
chadnliz
Will do, thanks for info. Though the click clack sound the amp made (not through speakers it was mechanical) tells me its more than fuse.
He means do you hear the click clack sound without a speaker load on the amp. Disconnect only the speakers and try it. My guess is you are hearing some kind of arcing since I do not believe that amp has any kind of relay or protection circuit. If a cap has started to leak it can cause this type of arcing when voltage is applied to it.