Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Kgturner

I noticed that you've placed an order for the new Malbec. How much does it cost?
ethifi:

to be honest, mick hasn't given me a price yet. last time i questioned him about pricing, he stated that he was still trying to bring them in around $3000. i try to not email him too much as i imagine that could get annoying quickly. once i've heard back on final pricing, i'll post here for others to know.
Kgturner:

when i asked Mike, he said that he was still waiting for prices from suppliers. At $3000, isn't the Malbec priced lower than the Merlot? Anyone knows the differences between the two designs?
ethifi:

the malbecs are a push-pull amplifier while the merlots are single-ended. the merlot is priced at $7000 per pair last i recalled.

according to mick, the malbec will have two iterations. one low powered (30-50 watts) and one high powered (100 watts). the low powered malbec can use EL34, 6550, and KT88 tubes from what i recall. the high powered can only used KT88 or 6550. mick stated the higher powered malbec is designed more for use with ribbons / electrostatic speakers.
FYI:

mick has updated the site to relfect new pricing and information on the malbec and mondeuse (high power malbec) monoblocks. i'm suprised at the pricing of the chrome plated option though. i wonder if that new price increase carries over into his preamps as well.