Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Wc65mustang, man oh man waiting to see the pictures of your hifi rig. When are you going to post those pictures for all of us to see, not at your place of business but in your own digs, in your own home? Tom
Bill I'm sorry I meant to ask you how the Canary 903 4 chassis dual mono preamp sounded in comparison to your Grange. I thought you would have made that comparison by now in your home or at least in your shop. We are anxiously waiting your report. Tom
Wow! It took me three days, but I actually made it through the whole thread. My eyes are burning! To be completely honest, I did skim through some of the stuff in the middle...

Anyhow, I did it. I put down my deposit on a Grange. It's going to replace a LAMM LP2 DELUXE phone stage and a KRELL 280P line preamp.

Now all that's left to do is sit back, turn up the tunes and wait... :)

Colin
Help !
Trawled the net & searches mainly relate to marshall guitar amps, must buy a book on valves
Using Tungsol 5881s very happily in my Syrah.
Have a spare pair of 6L6EHs which I've not tried.
What are the equivalents - offered a pair of Brimar 6L6Gs but not sure the difference in voltage - GBs, Gc'S etc, etc.
Nuts I know but they are crazy looking valves - screw the sound, I want the best looking Supratek - joking, although I have thought of a piano black finite reference just to match the Syrah - waf & all that( tried to tell her they do not sound as good as my rack but hey, what does she care- about sound)

Ran the gauntlet of 6SN7s - mouse ears/boring, grey glass rca's/nice, cbs5962's/expensive & noisy, sylvania gtb's - finally got some non destructing ones and imo very hard to fault.

Still looking for a Mullard Roehre ?(getting the hang)metal base GZ34 but so is half the world given the f-- ridiculous prices? $350 each for a tube???
Strikes me there are people extracting the pure p--s from
us transistorallaly ? challenged people
Any pointers, good threads re 5881/6L6s welcomed,
Thanks Simon
Simon,Ive been thinking of trying some Sylvanias,could you tell me what you like about them,Thanks