Bob Carver 180 Mono-blocks perform superbly

Is anyone in the Audiogon community using the Bob Carver 180 mono-blocks? I just placed a new pair in my system and I am really amazed at their performance. I am using them with the PS Audio PWD/PWT, First Sound MK-III and Tyler Acoustics D1 speakers. The price to performance ratio is outstanding. The Bob Carver 180's are producing an extremely clean, clear and open sound-stage. I can safely say they will compete with mono-blocks costing much more.
thankful
Hi all,
Carver site was down and I didn't save a copy of the user manual. Anyone know the fuses size of VTA-180, and how many?
I want to upgrade to high-priced fuse
BTW: Emotiva and Carver Tube no longer partnership - who will handle 7 yrs warranty on my amp? :(
has anyone bypassed the attenuator and wired direct? I have the GP in my amp but don't use the attenuator at all. I also switched out the 2 .22 caps in each amp with the Jupiter Beeswax HT - nice improvement in overall smoothness and resolution.
I kept mines in and upgraded the volume pot for the sake of flexibility to future upgrades if its ever needed. However if you do try to bypass it I would be interested in the gains you may notice?
Hi Guys,
I have picked up a pair VTA 180 with GP volume pots and did bypass the attenuator found the sound open up a little more, more resolution with clarity. I however found the deep bass is lacking and thinking of upgrade the output tube to kt120 or kt150. Can anyone here with such experience with KT150 please advise?