Emotiva amplifiers review/experience?

Anyone had a chance to try out the Emotiva amplifiers and compare them to some of the more well known brands? How are the sound quality of the amps and how do they compare to other brands? Are they significantly worse or by some slight margin? Please let me know as I'm very interested in their products! Thank you!
garrettni
Utley, yes, I'd consider the monoblocks. I doubt you'll be calling on their full power, since the 1.7's will start to sound edgy before that. But arguably, all that power reserve pays off in better regulation where they do play, and keeps them out of the range where distortion starts to increase. I haven't heard the XPA-1's, but the user reviews I've seen are raves.
Josh. Could there be such a thing as over kill? I live in apt and only rarely let thevolume go...That it might not work as well as the lower range of its power spectrum- even if the Maggies 1.7 has some minor low resolution problems ,compared to its predecessors. (or do i have it reversed) Thanks.....
The people at the Rmaf for Emotiva were very nice as are their amps. They do sound fuller than many other amps
I heard there
Utley -- Yes, there could definitely be overkill. I doubt you'll use all the power the monoblocks have. So after that, you're talking about subtleties of sound that depend on the amp model. And I don't know whether you'd hear them (or I'd hear them), or whether they'd matter to you. Also -- if you don't need the power, it might make more sense to consider a more expensive amp with the power of the XPA-2. But having heard about a zillion amps over the years, I'd say that a more expensive amp isn't going to buy you all that much.
Thanks Josh.....The reviews seem to indicate that XPA 1 can control the bass and keep it lean....
the upper register are always a gamble . They should have less distortion than my 30 year old plus Yamaha M2 or my Tandberg 3012.....I am sure they are showing their ware in from the NYC power grid and air. Would have liked to keep my purchase in North America but Bryston and Pass want big bucks......Feel like a traitor