Krell Evo vs Evo-enhance

Hello

I am considering between krell evo402 and 402e; beside evo400 and evo400e mono blocks. I have not audited them so not sure which are the most significant differences. are the new E amps better than the older evo ones?

In addition, how do you compare the above krell evo with pass labs xa 100.5 or goldmund telos 200 or Perreaux 750 or dartzeel nhb108 mondel 1 power amp?

Many thanks
sonrock
@Mert said:
"402e is exactly two 400e together put in one chasis"

This is, put simply, miles away from correct. Design-topology differences itself aside, let's compare power supplies only:

Evo-402e: two 2200 VA transformers and 188000 µF overall
Evo-400e: one 3000 VA and 110000 µF per piece - that means
two 3000 VA transformers and 220000 µF overal

(disclaimer: Krell's website claims even 4000VA per piece for Evo-400e - by my opinion lingering typo from the original Evo-400 white paper which had declared 4000VA as well. I am owner of a pair of Evo-400 - they have 3000VA each)

A pair of monoblocs, even the "smallest" Evo-400e, should be significantly more competent end-power potential than stereo amp with the same 400W nominal power, as the Evo-402e is.

Unfortunately, it costs...
Sonrock

Chk mbl specifications if speaker drops below to 2-3 ohms, I would say go to Krell. If my memory doesn't mess, I remember that MBL speakers are not easy loads for amps.
I may be wrong. Please chk.

cheers
Zormi

Let's suppose your given figures are correct, will my Focal Scala Utopia(8 ohm) benefit %0-10 from 400 mono?

I may go to Evo 600-900 or Evo 1 if I change to Utopia Maestro, Stella, Grand, Sasha, Maxx3, Alexadria. Than that will make sense to go Monos.
Based on past experience, 0ne Boulder 2060 is always better than two 1050's.
Btw, what about electricity?
As you said Unfortunately, it costs...
However, there is a few factors: quality of elec. will stay constant when you turn two 400 on?
Will you be getting exactly 235V(europe) 0r 110V(states)for each amp?
Is your house or flat made by audiophile friendly construction company?
Can you see what wire is hidden in wall?
I can list at least 10 more variables which may affect the performance of a power amp.
I hardly satisfy one, I wouldn't take two.
Regards
@Mert,

We would sligthly turn to off-topic if discuss now all possible "in-wall" variables that affect sound... They exist, as well as the speaker-itself issues. Of course, I agree that on some 92-93db speaker sensitivity (say, Focal) a good deal of inherent advantages better power supply brings will be less audible.

I said, and I still maintain that a pair of 400W monoblocks should be way better than 400Wpc stereo amp from the same manufacturer. A few spec details I quoted just support that statement. Nothing else.
07-09-11: Mert ... However, there is a few factors: quality of elec. will stay constant when you turn two 400 on?
Will you be getting exactly 235V(europe) 0r 110V(states)for each amp?
Is your house or flat made by audiophile friendly construction company?
Can you see what wire is hidden in wall?
I can list at least 10 more variables which may affect the performance of a power amp.
I hardly satisfy one, I wouldn't take two.
Regards
Mert (System | Threads | Answers | This Thread)
Mert, I have a suggestion, how about a boombox? ONE variable!