Pass XA30.5 vs. X150.5

How different are these two amps? I have read the website, but was wondering on your thoughts and opinions as to the differences in performance.
koestner
X-150.5 is 150W / 8 Ohm and XA-30.5 puts down 130W / 8 Ohm as tested by Stereophile.
Wow! Wonder why the spec it at 30 watts, they did say in an understated manner that it was "conservatively" rated, but that is REAL conservative. Is that a continuous power measurement or peak?
The x150.5 actually puts out 250 + watts in 8 ohms continous.
All Pass amps are pretty conservatively rated watts wise.
OP, if you do a search for XA.5 you will find a few threads that discuss the differences between the Class A and A/B Pass amps. If money were no consideration, they only time I think folks would opt for the A/B would be to bi-amplify and used as a bass amplifier where the differences Class A provides for really come through, otherwise, used full range....well, read the threads.
HI,

I have not hard the 150.5 but can tell you that the XA30.5 is a great amp. Whether it is a good match for your speakers is hard to say. I had the XA 30.5 with very efficient 8 ohm speakers and it was a great match. I went to a 4 ohm speaker with 2 10 inch woofers, 2 7 inch midrange, and a tweeter, and it was not as good a match for those speakers. Also, you have a pretty good size room. Of course, the only way to know is to try the different amps and see what you hear. Stephen