Shindo and Joule Electra Preamps

Hello,

Has anyone moved from using Joule Electra preamp (say LA 150 or 300) to Shindo preamp (Aurieges or Monbrisson)? or vice-versa? Please share your impressions. Did you find the difference to be subtle or significant? I know it is subjective, yet I am interested in learning more about your experience with both preamps.

Thanks for your time.
writeface
Thanks Dob for the feedback. Having experienced LA-150 MKII SE, I have no doubts about the musicality of 300ME.

The concern you raise about repair/parts is valid, but owners of Shindo equipment have posted in few threads that it is not a concern as Shindo has been around for years and provided repair/replacement service.

Thanks again for your time.
" The concern you raise about repair/parts is valid, but owners of Shindo equipment have posted in few threads that it is not a concern as Shindo has been around for years and provided repair/replacement service"

The fact that Shindo has been around and provided (excellent) service is NOT my concern at all.

My concern was (now I don;t care) if Shindo will be gone then WHO in states can repair their equipment with their UNIQUE parts? There are plenty of such people for Joule-Electra needs on other hand. if I am wrong then my apologies.
I want to complicate further a comparison between Shindo and Joule preamps. Which might sound better when coupled to a high quality solid state amplifier?
I have 1 Joule LA150 MKii and a Shindo Vosne Romanee. The Shindo is 3 times the price of the Joule but I like both for different reasons. The Vosne Romanee is smooth, rich and quite detailed. The Joule has a wonderful relaxed sound that simply draws you in to the music. One could not go wrong with either pre and frankly I will soon part with one of them. By way of Interest I tried the SE version of the 150 and prefered the MKii. Ken Shindo and Judd Barber are both excellent designers no matter what component you purchase. I've been through countless preamps and these are truly top flight and both manufacturers have proven track records. Trust your ears.
For what it is worth, I traded in a JE lap150 toward a shindo monbrison.

I compared both at my dealers store and the JE was very veiled/rolled off and completely lacking in lower register harmonics and resolution. ie. mushy bass syndrome. I knew this to be a problem in my system and the culprit was the preamp.

When "frontier1" mentions relaxed and easy to listen too, this is probably what he alluded to.