Rowland 625

Has anyone got their hands on the new Jeff Rowland 625. I know they've been displayed on shows like Rocky Mountain but I'm keen to have feedbsck how this new amps compare with previous models. I've seen the new website and they've been been advertising on magazine, looks solidly built like all Rowland amps!
I've got Rowland 501's with a pair of PC1 together with the Synergy IIi. My dealer has not got a confirmed date for delivery.
dtanclim
Guidocorona, I think you was hypnotized by the M625.

Because you want at any cost to believe that the M625 is better than the Model 312.

But the most important thing to me is that until 100 hours the Model 312 was better than the M625, as you have said.

Anyway, what you have said to Optimos about the Model 312 was wonderfull and I start to like the 312 even more.

So, it's great that you start to like the M625 only after 150 hours. Now I love my Model 312 even more.

Isvaldo
Isvaldo, you bring up 2 very excellent points....

1. Until the M625 has gone over the initial 150 hours of breakin grundge, M312 does easily sound better than M625. After that, my impression is gradually reversed.

2. Hypnotic is perhaps a term that fits well to describe the effect of Criterion + M625 + my Vienna speakers.... Thank you for the suggestion.

Guido
I was very wrong.

As I'm going to receive my new preamplifier nex week, I decided to install my old Gamut D-200 MKIII, just to verify how this device would work with the cables I'm using now: Siltech IC and digital, Nordost power cord and the Stealth speaker cable.

Huge, but a very huge difference comparing with my ex-beloved Model 312. I start to listen a more 3D sound, with large and deep sounstage. The stereo sound became amazing.

I could say that now I can listen to music much more time without my mind become tired.

So, now, I've no doubt the M625 is much better than the Model 312.

But, now, I start to think if JRDG are top devices or not.

Anyway, I have ordered the Electrocompaniet AW250R. For what I read, Electrocompaniet are "tube-like" solid states devices, something less "warm" than MacIntosh.

I think that the AW250R will be a wonderfull match with my cables and my dCS sources, because they will open the dark side of the AW250R.

Something in the analogic direction.

Isvaldo.
I have tweaked my 301s quite a lot to get maximum sound quality out of them. Nordost Odin power cables and a Quantum Qx4 AC purifier for each. The sound I now have is unbelievable. I have placed each one of them on a Symposium Ultra platform which also has improved the sound quality a lot.
Capuccino

I understand perfectly and personnally I have the impression that only a few people in High End scene and especially dealers are not able / don't want ?
to get all the potential out of the elements.

I have heard the 312 sounding amazingly with special spikes, with custom made power and speakers cables. Now my dealer says me that the 625 doesn't accept these cables, so that I wil have to compare the 625 to the 312 using standart Cardas Clear ... let's see and hear.