How does Aragon 24k/2004 stack up to modern equip?

I just picked up an Aragon 24k preamp/Aragon 2004 amp for a good price. I put them in my system where my Cambridge Audio Azur 840a resided and I must say I am VERY impressed. These are my first separates that I've owned, the speakers are JM Lab Cobalt 807's, speaker cables are Monster M1 mkII, and mains power cable is Straightwire Blue Thunder. Interconnects are MIT MI-330 series II. Like I said I love the sound, just wondering how these components stack up, and if anyone has cabling suggestions?
svtguy
Man I wish I had a pair of Palladiums right about now. But I can see a Pass 300 sounding better for a price. The 24k meh, pretty easy to better.
Well, one could spend alot of money on audio gear. This gear can possibly float the airest highs, have a full midrange to die for and deliver tight and tuneful bass, in alot of cases it will, the law of diminishing returns do apply. There are instances a system of this magnitude has had the musicality engineered right out of it, presenting a sterile sound. I have been on both sides of the fence. The Aragon 2004 & 4004 properly set up & matched with other components can deliver a satisfying presentation capturing most of the elements that audiophiles seek. I think if we could set aside the adjectives that describe a superior system for a moment and ask yourself this question, was the presentation enjoyable and satisifying? I rest my case.
I have exact 24k/2004mkII matched years with other gear.Speakers are Yamaha NS690II.Main conclusion is that i am satisfied. Maybe sound is not by today standards where all in general in search for max resolution and openes where Aragons deliver a big ,fat ,voluminous bass but end result will be as said depending of other equipment in chain.
The 2004 and 4004 were superior to the 8008 series in my opinion. And the mk2 versions of these amps do compete with the best solid state designs from this time period IMO.