Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Albert, that Drive sound track peaked my interest. I've never seen the film. Can you elaborate for me? If not, I can check out Amazon reviews but I'd much rather hear what draws you to this material than most. I appreciate your diversity.
Anouar Brahem 'the Astounding Eyes of Rita'.

The Clash 'Sandinista'

Ry Cooder 'Jazz'

Ellis Regina and Antonio Carlos Jobim 'Tom and Ellis'
Dexter Gordon, Both Sides of Midnight. I listened to the first side before midnight and now I am listening to the other side, LOL.
The final record of the night is, Dexter Gordon, One Flight Up. Then I am going to go one flight up to bed. No more puns I promise.
09-14-13: Donjr
Albert, that Drive sound track peaked my interest. I've never seen the film. Can you elaborate for me? If not, I can check out Amazon reviews but I'd much rather hear what draws you to this material than most. I appreciate your diversity.

I own a music library with such diverse content, some is certain to offend everyone :-).

Drive is a great indy movie starring Ryan Gosling, a young (about 30) year old actor. Ryan strikes me as a real person in a field of actors that rely on overdone facial expressions, gestures and special effects to pull them through.

Ryan reminds me a tiny bit of Steve McQueen when he was young and doing action movies. Both are different enough to remember and believable enough to connect with as the movie unfolds.

I really liked the movie, among my favorites this past year. The music is as different as the movie, you should go to Amazon and play the MP3 samples and see how it strikes you.

Music I played today:

Felix Laband, "Thin Shoes In June"
Rickie Lee Jones, "The Sermon On Exposition Boulevard"
Porcupine Tree, "Stupid Dream"
Harold Land and Kenny Dorham, "Eastward Ho"
Frazy Ford, "Obadiah"