Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
This Is Howard Roberts-Color Him Funky on Capitol Demensions In Jazz ST-1887 Stereo LP recorded 1963. Swingin' Man!
Marian McPartland - "A Delicate Balance" [Halcyon LP '72]

Duke Ellington - "...Meets Coleman Hawkins" [Impulse! stereo LP '63]

Michel Legrand - "Legrand Jazz" [Columbia mono LP '58]

James Moody - "Last Train From Overbrook" [Argo mono LP '58] As detailed in the liners, Overbrook was the New Jersey mental institution where Moody was consigned for treatment of alcoholism for the 5 months prior to taking the overnight train to Chicago (after gaining his doctor's permission) to record this album

George Freeman - "Birth Sign" [Delmark LP '72] Guitarist sideman for, at various times, Richard 'Groove' Holmes, Gene Ammons, and Shirley Scott, here joined by his tenorist brother Von Freeman on this collection of primarily originals

Johnny Hodges with Leon Thomas & Oliver Nelson - "3 Shades Of Blue" [Flying Dutchman LP '70]

Ray Bryant - "The Ray Bryant Touch" [Cadet mono LP '67]

Sonny Fortune - "Waves Of Dreams" [Horizon/A&M LP '76]

Jimmy Hughes - "Why Not Tonight?" [Atco mono LP '67] Compilation of the southern soul singer's Fame label singles, including my fave "Neighbor, Neighbor"
I'm sitting here in my loft, listening to some prototype speakers that I designed...bookshelfs...but that's not what this post is about.
What started out to be evaluation, has ended with me, with tears in my eyes...as to the beauty of the music I'm hearing...
Clifford Brown...the album is, The Complete Blue Note and Pacific Jazz Recordings.
For those of you who may not be familiar with Clifford Brown...for my taste, he was, no make that, he does embody all that's good about playing the Trumpet.
Beautiful tone, sounds a bit Fluglehornish...(new word)...very deep rich sound...which is, to my way of thinking, pretty much unabashedly emulated by Mr. Chris Botti...same, at least similar tone and phrasing.
The Alto playing on the album, very Cannonball or Charlie Parker like, though not either of them...recording quality remarkable...especially since Clifford, tragically died in 1956...car accident...taking the best, in my opinion stylist on the trumpet, from us forever.
This album is a must for any jazz lover.
People talk about Miles' work on Kinda Blue...for my taste...my taste, mind you...it ain't close. Better stylings....I love it...run, don't walk, to get this album.
You won't be sorry.

Good Listening,
Larry