Decware Zen Taboo

I am considering buying the new Decware Zen Taboo amp (six watts/ch). I currently have modded Klipsch Forte I speakers that have 98db efficiency and 8 ohm nominal load. I like to create concert level spl from time to time and wonder if anyone has used the decware amps with Klipsch speakers. I have been using Quicksilver Mini-mite monoblocks that are rated at 25 watts/ch and have plenty of headroom with the Klipsch Fortes.
mootsdude
I think you're hearing the crossover getting in then way late at night. Single Driver Loudspeakers are the way to go. Of course, I'm prejudiced (being a a Single Driver Loudspeaker guy).

I think you are going to find out 6 wpc isn't enough to drive your loudspeakers to concert levels w/o audible clipping. However, at a less deafening levels, you might find the Taboo does so many other things right you may not need concert levels.
Will never be able to hit "Concert levels" 115db+ with a 6 watt amp.

98db at 1watt

101db at 2watts

103db at 4watts

105db at 8watts
Mootsdude,

If you end up trying the Taboo please keep us posted. I've got a pair of Forte's and I'd love to know if the Taboo would work with them. Low level background listening is what I'm most interested in.

With a username like Mootsdude you wouldn't happen to ride, would you?
Klipschfan - I assume I don't need 115db+ to reach concert level sound in my 16'x20' room. I remember as a kid reading that The Who held the world record at the time for the loudest concert - 120db "Live at Leeds". I really have no reference other than the perceived loudness of live music in a large venue. I'd guess that I only need low 100db range to produce concert like spl but I don't have an spl meter.

Samac - I have a feeling that I'll give the Taboo a try as Decware has a 30 day return policy. I'd assume they have the standard 10% restocking fee but I feel it's worth a go.

I ride a VaMoots ti road bike. I used to race but just don't have the time to train at that level anymore. The old legs can't do the 100 mile road races and crits are just too dangerous.