Uses for "tape-out" on a preamp

Do any of you find that you use the "tape-out" of a preamp or integrated amp? OR can you you THINK of any use for it?

As far as I can tell, this is only useful for analog recording to tape; not for digital recording (am I wrong?). And if I want to attach a second amp I really need a preamp-out which would reflect the setting of the volume control, which tape-out does not.

Would appreciate your thoughts on this.
Thank you.
Art
artmaltman
Outboard EQ, Home Theatre connection, analog computer input, VCR audio, second volume controled amp/speakers in another room, headphone amp, etc.?.
I use tape connections for several purposes:

1)My Stax headphone amplifier requires a line-level input and has its own volume control, so I drive that from tape outputs.

2)I use the phono amplifier section of a Mark Levinson ML-1 preamplifier as my phono stage, accessing it via the tape out jacks, which I connect into my main preamp (a Classe CP-60, which does not have a phono stage). (The ML-1's line stage doesn't work and is essentially unrepairable due to parts unavailability).

3)I have a high-end 1980's Tandberg 3004 cassette deck, which I connect into a tape loop on the Classe. I haven't recorded anything on it in years, but I use it for playback occasionally.

Regards,
-- Al
I use the Tape Out as Input to a SONOS ZP90 so I can play my CD collection throughout my house via the wireless connection to all the other SONOS players, without having to rip all my CDs to a computer.
I use the phono section of my Music Reference RM5III via the tape outs in the same manner as Al.
Headphone amp feed

Or to connect to my RTR tape deck (yes, I actually still use this from time to time)