Dude TRL vs Red Wine Isabella vs Dodd

These are new contanders for my new preamp.Also thinking about Samson TRL monoblocks.Which one could be the best preamp?I don't need any special features except possibly remote and the best sound.
128x128mikedimitrov
I like the idea of preamp and amp from same company so it comes down to either Red Wine or TRL.I wonder what can be better as far as amp goes,300w from TRL or 30w from Red Wine considering they will run big 15' Tannoy woofers?Pricewise they are both in the same price region when purchased used or new.
I owned the Red Wine 30.2,great little amp,however,for your application I would opt for the TRL.
While the Tannoy's are efficient enough at 96db with 8 ohms nominal impedance, even the published specs recommend 50 - 275 watts. If you have a smallish room and won't be driving them at loud volume maybe the RWA 30.2 would be enough, but I would think the 70.2 monoblocks would be much better.

On the other hand the Samson's would be no problem and at the price you could purchase them for I wouldn't get hung up on the same equipment paradigm. I owned the stereo version of the Samson's (at the time called D-225) and ran them with a TRL preamp, as well as preamps from Cary, Joule Electra, JRDG, and even a custom passive TVC. It all sounded great in my system. Speakers were Spendor 1/2e at the time.

Don't get hung up on battery power either. In my experience a well designed linear power supply is better than a battery power supply. TRL develops some of the best and beefiest high current power supplies I have ever seen. The headroom in the Samson's will do wonders for macro and micro dynamics and transient attacks. However, the best test is at low listening levels where the amp will deliver extremely linear and clear sound that you won't believe until you hear it.
Clio09.Thank you for your comments.Are you saying I can use M225=Samson with any preamp and should work fine?Can you compare sound of Samson with other amps?