Most beneficial change .

I am seeking opinions about what to change first , my speakers or my amplification .

I have a Primaluna Prologue 2 integrated feeding Reference 3a Decapo i speakers from a Granite Audio 657 CDP using the tubed side most of the time . I have rolled the input tubes on the integrated to warm things up some which helped nicely . The system is in a small 10'X11' room on the diagonal with some room treatments . The room is carpeted and my chair is overstuffed leather with a matching foot stool .

I get good tone , extension , details , resolution and PRaT but it is kind of boring ! It all sounds pretty good but I don't want to tap my toes ,bob my head or play the air guitar ! I can listen for long periods of time with ease but just don't want to . Easy to fall asleep ! I guess that I would like to increase the dynamics and musicality . I prefer tubes .

Suggestions ?

Thank you for your input .
saki70
Your issues are symptomatic of digital reproduction. The solution is to go back to analogue. Changing speakers, or anything else from the line stage forward, will not solve the problem, because it is at the front end of the chain.
Ok, you have recommendations to change your speakers, your room, and or your front end. No one's mentioned your amp yet, so I say change that :). I'm sure someone will post shortly suggesting that you change your cables. Of course, there's always the possibility that you simply listen to boring music.

In all seriousness, the biggest improvement I have ever had in my system was going from a integrated amp to a separate preamp and amp. IMHO, integrateds in the class of the primaluna can be bested pretty easily. Your speakers have a good rep, so I would look at the other components first.
Maybe you need some new music?

Go on Craigslist and get some Ikea Lack End Tables for $5 and stick it under your CD player...

or Neuance shelves.

But yeah it could be the amp. I have the PL2. I had a McCormack DNA .05 Rev A and the sound was more visceral i suppose. I really liked this amp. But the cost benefit of an integrated and tone of tubes make me happy with my choice in the PL2.

The PL2 sucks for some music for sure. I just listen to Metallica and Pennywise on my ipod and in the car now.

I'm using Coincident Triumph Signatures 90db (I think), first order crossovers. I think your speakers are better and more sensitive. So doubt that is the problem. Could be your speaker placement. Thought I read the deCapo's were finicky about placement... could be wrong.
yo'll need bass and weight for that. a bigger reference 3a will do it....the veena will.
If I had a small room the only speakers I would use would be Quads, they are amazing in a small space where you don't need to generate huge SPL's.