Shindo preamps

I heard the Masseto last week at a dealers, and was very impressed. I will be taking the next step soon, to hear it with my amp at that point. I have heard from another source that the Shindo's are designed to sound close to an older Marantz preamp design, can't remember the model though. I am trying to get opinions on the following. Does this mean that the Shindo has a somewhat forgiving character to it, as compared to the more modern designs such as Cat or ARC. I know this may be a generalization, but am curious as to what the thoughts may be on this. FWIW, I have no plans to do Shindo amps, because I will be sticking with mid-efficiency speakers. I did not feel when hearing the Masseto, that it was not detailed enough. In fact, it was a strong point. I heard a very low noise floor, allowing the detail to come through. It just sounded right to me, simply got right out of the way.
fjn04
Hifidaddy (above) included a link to a Shindo schematic that's on Thorsten Loesch's website. The quote is a comment written by Thorsten, not Arthur.

I'm no more mysterious than Skipjames or anyone else here. However, you guys are free to continue chasing your tails.
After several phone calls to Shindo and dealers. I get the feeling that getting Shindo service can be a problem especially if you buy on the used market or are not the original owner. Has anyone had any experience with a preowned Shindo piece and service. I'm sure they don't break often but just buying tubes can be a problem. They don't even sell tube sets at all. you must send the unit in for retubing....is that right??
Carey1110, e-mail Matt at Pitch Perfect Audio. Great guy and will answer all your questions. I own Shindo equipment and I will tell you that service is not a problem and is in fact fantastic.
[email protected]

Web page.
http://pitchperfectaudio.wordpress.com/
Carey,

You just bought an ARC REF 5 according to your other recent thread which is probably the right move for your particular bi-amped system. Shindo is very likely not the right pre-amp for your particular system as a few of my dealers and myself have explained. I'm glad you're so interested in Shindo products but I just don't think they fit the bill for you at this time. Maybe in a future system.
Vinylih
Thanks for your response. But just to set the record straight you and you dealers have been giving mixed messages on wheather or not this would be a good preamp for me, If I recall you said I could have custom Biamp outputs installed at no extra charge. This is why I posted my question to other Shindo owners instead of calling your or other dealers, Nothing personel but as the US distributor you might be a little biased. BTW my question was about service on used Shindo products , not weather or not it was right for my current system.