Tired of Problems with Tube Equipment

I switched over to tube audio equipment in some form some years back, and have certainly enjoyed music played back through them. I have had amps, preamps, and DACS at different times utilizing tubes. One unfortunate thing that's been common to all the tube equipment I've had are problems. It doesn't seem to matter whether the manufacturer is large or small, built in the USA or overseas, they all have had problems. Capacitors blowing out, bad solder joints, tubes only lasting a short time, loud pops that mysteriously go away on their own, etc. Although I have enjoyed the sound (and that beautiful glow!), I am starting to get tired of this and thinking of going back to solid state.

Have any of you also gone back (or thought about it) to solid state for this reason? What has your experience been with the reliability of tube equipment?
smeyers
boy, that brookstone stereo looks better and better each day. low maintainance and great sound. i own one.
Post removed 
Well, I'm back in business after the last tube escapade. I suddenly had two separate problems: one tube in one channel wasn't measuring any bias voltage, and popping in the other channel. The was the reason that I started this post; two sudden problems which superseded the others I've had. Anyhow I was able to solve both problems without any major repair bills. The first problem was a wire that came off the bias measurement terminal which I resoldered. The second problem was a bad 6c33c power tube; luckily I had a replacement. So for the time being I'll continue tubing along!
Amen. I have also become somewhat anti-tube. Have owned a lot of tube gear. Negatives: They make a lot of heat, they start deteriorating the minute they're installed, they can be expensive to replace and it's a hassle.
The best solid state gear is so well engineered today, and it will perform consistently for years, I just don't think there's a strong argument for tubes anymore.
One man's experience and it is ultimately a matter of taste (like most things audio).
Julian
I have two tube power amps which have had no issues. Actually, on one amp out of a pair of VTL monoblocks, I have had a tube go (once in 7+yrs). My other amp is an EAR 859 which uses EL519 tubes (yes, out of TVs a few dozen years ago), and the tubes are robust (supposed to last 10,000 hours) and the amp doesn't overuse them. I have had more problems in my life with mass-produced solid state gear from large manufacturers than with tube gear.

I too, for one, want to try walking down the self-made route a little bit.