Tube Amp Recommendations

Looking for a tube amp, less than 3K and preferably not more than 2500 dollars, that can power Von Schewikert VR 4 JR speakers. I am using Morrow Audio SP2 speaker cables (a phenomenal produc, the highly acclaimed Audiohorizons tube pre-amp, an Alesis ML-9600 CD player/recorder, a Taddeo Digital Antidote, and LAT international as well as Audiohorizons interconnects.

I wish to avoid the extreme hassle that I experienced with VTL MB-225t monoblocks (will sell very cheaply)with the biasing. If not an autobias set up, I'd need some middle ground from what I went through with the VTL's. Monoblocks or single chassis are OK. Preferably Id like a company that has a reputation of being very service oriented if needed.

If there are amps out there that you can recommend, I am all ears. I am new to the tube game on the amp side. I do have a Music Reference 125 wpc amplifier that is very, very good on one of my systems. However, the audiophile in me wants to try something else.

Thanks.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjaymark
contact Stephen Monte at Quest for Sound, Bristol Pa, he'll tell you what will work and he knows his tube gear.He was a VS dealer.
Larry
Hello Jaymark, I'd suggest the CARY 120s. It's simple to bias, holds the bias, sounds great and CARY provides excellent customer service. It drove my 802D speakers with with excellentt results and they have simlar sensitivity/efficency as the Von Schewikert VR 4 JR speakers. Disclaimer: I have one listed (of a few listed) but it does very much fit your criteria for consideration.
Bill
you might want to try manley gear; used snapper or mahi mono blocks (probably could drive vr4 w/o problems).

for simplicity and versatility (tube roll), there are quicksilver monos; silver 70 (used), older 90's or mod-mono's.

good luck.
I doubt you'll find a better amp than your RM9. Have you tried Roger's RAM KT88s ($65 each)? You might feel like you have a new amp for less, and that RM9 is a classic (but it does not sound like you are actually thinking of selling it). If you really have the itch, I would try a used Quicksilver V4 Monoblocks. Sound great, american-made, point-to-point very reliable, and very easy to bias - of course that's true of your RM9 as well (except the point-to-point).
At least check out Quicksilver V-4's, plenty of power, known for being very reliable, great customer service, bias meter and adjustments on the front very easy to bias and usually sells for $2500.00. I used them to drive Vandersteen 3A sigs 87db.