Best stereo recievers of the 1970's?

I remember walking in to my local Hi Fi shop and looking at the line ups of
recievers.Pioneer,,Jvc,Sansui,Kenwood,Luxman.I loved the Sansui 9090 db
but when I heard the Luxman (don't remember the model number) in the late 70's it was the best I've ever heard at the time.
Mike
hiendmmoe
I actually owned Pioneer SX-650 (Paid $239) - amazing how things stick in your head. But I lusted after Marantz.....
Albert Porter sold me a wonderful sounding Yamaha receiver in 1977. It was a mid-line model and sounded wonderful. I cannot recall the exact model #. I wish I had kept it. He also sold my Mom a Yamaha receiver which was one step down in price...she still uses it to this day and it sounds wonderful. I'll check the model # and report back.
I remeber those days of shopping in stores on Long Island like, Stereo Exchange, Audio Exchange, Crazy Eddie, Sam Goody, Harvey, (the expensive stuff) on so many more. My evolution of receivers were: Technics, 45wpc. Onkyo with the servo tuner locked in lights, and my dream receiver, a Yamaha 1080.
sugarbrie mentioned the tuner section on those old onkyo receivers and i will second that. i have an onkyo tx-2500 circa 77/78 that locks in on stations with their servo-lock feature. beat some of the cheap dedicated tuners i have owned. oh, and the sound quality was excellent. this was a mid-line model with only 30 watts a channel, but boy can it pack a punch. better sound than a marantz 2235b i have.

regards,
Paul
Oh yes, the HK 330c was a very nice piece of gear. That with a set of Infinity RS speakers was the deal.