Tube amps and speaker ohms

In your opinion , do push pull amps work better with 8 ohms or 4 ohms. .I am under the impression the lower the ohms, the more power is demanded from the amp....Another question, are there low powered SET amps ,and high power SET amps?
I'm looking at a 40 watt 845 tube amp for my 8 ohm, 89 db speaker.. just cked the Thor has a 86 db W18 midwoofers(2 per cabinet) and a 88 db tweeter. Will an 845 amp rated 40 watts be able to drive the 86/88 db speaker? With authority, bass, mids, highs, in dynamic sound stage? Synergy? Or poor match?
bartokfan
"Duke builds panels"

I didn't know that. Bartockfan, you are a wealth of obscure information. :-)
Post removed 
My bad. I was only aware of Duke's mention of his Sound Labs.
The Seas phase plug is copper, and the back also looks to be copper. I was not aware of the Hex magnet. thanks for the clarification and link.
Ha! Bartokfan, Duke WISHES he built those SoundLab panels! Nope, that's the work of a much much more advanced designer and manufacturing team than yours truly.

Tvad has described what I do well enough that there's no need to elaborate.

Thanks,

Duke
dealer/manufacturer
Ok, here goes.

+++ Paul then you have a SET amp correct? +++

Currently I have only one SET, and that is a 6C33 based one.

+++ Would that be similiar to the 300 tube? +++

No, a tube has little to do with whether an amp is single ended or push pull. The 6C33 is very different to the 300B tube, although both are triodes.

+++ Yes. I heard the 300 tube with orch, the load/complexity was overwhelming. Total shut down of the tube. +++

Nothing to do with the tube. You made a bad choice with speakers. In other words, not the tube doing anything wrong, just you not knowing how to use the the tube amp.

+++A CJ mono block as well shut down on a ML panel with orch. So obviously orch overload is not limited to SET but can affect just about any tube amp, +++

Yes orch can overload any amp. In the same way I can drive any car into any tree, whether the car is a SUV, truck or coupe. No car made in the US today can drive through trees, so when you try to do that, the car will break. However, it is not the vehicles fault for driving into a tree, it is the driver that cannot operate the vehicle correctly.

If you drive the vehicle on the road, it will operate as designed.

+++ which in Push/pull config may have to do with the weakness in the trans. +++

No

+++ In SET's the weakness in "pulling off" orch may have to do with the characteristic of the 300/845/805 tube family +++

No. I have never ever heard this weakness you talk about. My 300B SET amps aced orchestra. I can induce any of my amps to fail in the manner you describe by seeking out speakers that will cause that.

I could also seek out trees to drive into when I drive, but as I rule I prefer not to.

Regards
Paul