Top ten tube preamps

What are your top 10 tube line stage preamps of all time?
samuellaudio
The main character in the 200W SET saga:

The 833C

BTW, it's also a DHT, just a multi-kilovolt B+ version.
Ait- Ah, the famed 833C. WAVAC fans will be jealous ;-) Do you do the casework yourself? I'm thinking the amp will be quite breathtaking! And I am totally in awe of ee types who understand the technical stuff.
Swampwalker,

I do some of the casework, farm some of it out when it's past the level of my drill press and Greenlee punches. Chrome work is done by a local plating shop that usually does bumpers and exhaust pipes; they were amused when I told them what the plates from my preamp were for.

The 833 will be a true challenge, and I expect it to take the better part of this year to complete. When you're talking thousands of volts the parts are harder to find and a lot more expensive, and every connection must be triple-checked before the ultra high voltage gets anywhere near it. I'm still working out the safety systems to ensure no electrocutions or fires result.

That said, it should be fun!
Samuellaudio- sorry for hijacking your thread.
Ait-
I'm still working out the safety systems to ensure no electrocutions or fires result.
Ah, what's the fun in that? There's a reason they call it "the bleeding edge" ;-)