A good 50-70 watts tube amplifier for $ 2000?

I want to build a second system around a good 50-70 watts tube amplifier. My budget for the amp is around $ 2000 and I prefer to buy an amp that is a current model, in order to avoid service problems in the near future. Any help will be appreciated. Pablo.
Ag insider logo xs@2xpablovila
Newbee, if you think about it, picking the amp first is no more "ass backwards" than picking the speakers first and then limiting yourself to what amps will work with your speaker choice... You have to start with something, so unless you have one choice already made, then it probably doesn't matter which way you approach it.

Just to throw out a few ideas, I'd look at amps from Music Reference (RM-9 or RM-200 used), Tube Audio Design, and Manley. Perhaps other posters will offer other ideas.

On this day of all days, let there be peace!
Plato, LOL - your post must have crossed with Pablovila's - so far its 2 to 1. But, in the search of peace, I will agree with you that the Musical Reference RM 9 is a good choice except that is not a 'current model' as he requested.

Pablovia, I'm not sure what your sonic (tonally speaking) priorities are, but assuming they are neutral, I'd look at the Rogues as a good value and possibly the Primaluna 6's based on EL34's or 7's which are based on KT88's. Both a bit over $2000 but based on my experience with PL stuff so far they could be a real value in the 70wt to 80wt area. I really like thier little PL3 pre-amp for the money. $2000 is sort of the low end of the price range for really good quality amps. One no longer in production but made by a company that will be around if you need them and also has great resale is Conrad Johnson. I'm thinking about the Pemier 11 model. Sells for 1500 to 1750, is easy to maintain and not hard on tubes. Maybe a tad loose/warm in the lower end but a beautiful mid and upper range. Speaks in one voice however. Nothing sticks out as being out of balance.
(http://www.upscaleaudio.com/view_category.asp?cat=36) Check out the PrimaLuna Monoblocs(and their reviews) on this site. Kevin is a super guy to deal with too.
Pablo, Conrad Johnson MV60SE($1500 used)matches very well with my Coincident Partial Eclipse. I think it also matches very well with Cary and Manley amps. Do a search for Coincident in this forum.
I would second the suggestion of the c-j MV-60 but not the SE version. Retube it with Mullard EL-34 re-issues, some NOS 6SN7s and get Sovtek 12AX7LPS.

Good Luck!*>)