Pass Labs users. Next upgrade?

I just upgraded my Amp from a X-150 to an X-350 and love the increased dynamics in my large room. I find them to be similar sounding amps. More fineness, control and dynamics w/ the X-350. My Top end, depending on the recording, can be harsh and fatuging at high listening levels still,(not as bad). Next move, Should I replace my Adcom GFP-750 Pre, the preamp people love to hate (I can only compare it to a Placette Line stage, similar results in my system). I think the Adcom is fine in passive mode and a waste of time in active mode.
Should I spend my dough on a 2.5 or X-1 preamp or go to the X-350.5 Amp upgrade for the most bang for the buck?
Trl Modified Sony SACD-2000 ES , Sansui Tu-717 Tuner
Speakers: Audio Physic Virgo II's and Two Rel Storm III Subs,"a tasty combo"
Greg
gandme
I'm surprised. Pass amps and passive pre's aren't usually a happy marriage because of low sensitivity and impedance. My ex would agree.

Tube pre's like BAT, Manley, and VTL would tame the highs, perhaps too much with Sovteks. The Pass pre's are highly transparent and honest, almost brutal with poor recordings. If passives work for you, the Bent Audio TAP will be more dynamic with a touch of warmth.

The .5 upgrade is supposed to be fairly substantial, for an upgrade. Don't expect miracles. That's a lot of amp for 90 dB speakers. You can never have too much.

Not familiar with Audio Physic... unusual tweeter.
Since I have a fairly long history with Pass gear and many brands of tube gear, I would like to offer my two cents. I also owned an X 350. Thsi was after owning a Sonic Fronties Power 2. I felt that I was missing a little with the SF am so I went to solid state. I felt that I was missing a little with the 350. So I upgraded to the 350.5 and wow! For the first time ever I felt that there wasnt a comprimise. The .5 gives the best of both words. It has thundering bass with sweet and delicate highs, and a midrange to die for. To me the .5 upgrade is a no brainer. Secondly, I mated it with an XO.2 preamp and the combination is a match made in heaven. The transparency, musciality and dynamics are jaw dropping. For the first time I have no desire to change my electronics. I am using this setup with 94db speakers, Tyler Acousitcs Woodmere. Source is a Levinson 31.5 and 30.6 combo. So what I am trying to get across is that the .5 upgrade with the X-1 preamp (because most say there isn't a significant sonic difference between the XO2 and the X-1)might just be your path to nirvana.

Enjoy your hunt
The .5 amps are definately an improvement in the Pass line. I also had the adcom and placette preamps. I purchased the x-1 preamp and it was the best move I made. Having the amp and preamp from the same manufacturer should perform a perfect synergy for you. It did me.
350.5 is a awesome sounding Amp. Dont hesitate, go for it!
I have read many threads descibing the 350 or the 250 as being hard in the midrange.
I have also read that the 350.5 version excells in the midrange.
So, I bought one to use with my APL Player direct to the Amp.
Very Mellow sound .Again, awesome Amp!
Null 1, I'm useing Analysis Plus Oval 9's speaker cables, M.A.S. Xlr interconnects and Pass Labs supplied power cords. On My TRL Mod SACD player I have a TRL Silver power cord, I forget the model.
Greg