Information for Joule Electra LA100 Mark III

Hello,
if someone has an owner's manual for this preamp and can email a copy to me,or just mail it I would really appreciate that.Also what is your opinion on LA200 and LA150 preamps,how would you compare these 3 to each other?Thanks a lot.
rohlim
The MKII version of the LA-150 has a richer more musical sound than the earlier versions. The gain stage uses all 6350's (no more Rusian tubes)but otherwise is identical in topology to the original 150.

Jud Barber - Joule Electra
Wow... it is good to see Jud posting here.

I have an original LA-100 Mk III with Purist wire and Remote options (not an upgraded unit) and I absolutely LOVE IT!

I even sent it to Jud last fall to add an additional 3db's of gain (new jumper added).

Amazing preamp.
I 2nd (or is this 3rd or 4th?) the motion - I find it superior to units costing $2-3,000.00 more as I'd owned or borrowed four other such units. It is the most musical and enjoyable pre-amp I've owned and is well worth the cost. Simply disappears behind the music. Just wish the remote control was more precise.
Glad to hear the latest version of the LA-150 does not use the Russian tubes in the gain stage. I unfortunately sold my LA-100 MkIII recently as a result of having to downsize my system a bit to move into smaller quarters and truly miss the preamps musicality in my system.

Jud - if you're following this thread can you elaborate on whether there is an upgrade path to move from an early LA-150 to the MkII version. Thanks