Is solid state obsolete?

Let's cut to the chase. Mosfet, Jfet, transistors, are they a past technology like 78 rpm? IC based amps are here and here to stay. Are the days of Krell, Gamut, Accuphase, Clayton, McCormick, Rowland, Boulder, etc. gone? A tube pre amp and an IC based power amp, can it be the best combo? Comments please.
jw94055
Since Tube Research Labs, makers of some fine quality and expensive tube gear, is now making transistor amps, which they indicate are much quieter than their tube models, I would think solid state is far from dead.
The old "different strokes for different folks" still applies here. I love going into my local dealers and listening to his mega-tube Audio Research stuff. BUT MAGGIES AND TOOBS--NO WAY, NOT FOR ME. IT"S MAGGIE WITH BOOBS FOR ME! (insert smiley face for the serious minded).
Bgrazman, you are not foolish for suggesting a tube pre and ss power combo. I have been running a tube pre and SS power combo for 15 years. My original question was to start a discussion about a truly new development in audio technology. I believe there will be more displacement of SS with IC; than tube equipment with IC.